I’m extremely thrilled to invite Srini Rao back to join me as guest co-host on today’s episode. Srini is someone you’ve heard me talk quite a bit about, if you’ve been in this community for awhile. In the nearly two years I’ve known Srini (as his #1 stalker), I’ve witnessed something special about the way he exploded his brand. It was never contrived. He began purging the truth in his long-winded Facebook updates. He started writing with more vulnerability. Frankly, he just gave a damn about connecting to and with his community. That’s specifically why I’ve asked Srini to talk to us today about how we can stand out in today’s connection economy.
Watch the show (uncensored & unedited)
SHARE SOME SHUT UP LOVE:
One of the common misnomers is you can sell just based on large numbers. – Srini Rao of @UnmistakableCR #shutupshow (click to tweet)
SRINI ON GETTING STARTED AND BUILDING AN UNMISTAKABLE PRESENCE
Don’t get stuck in concepting; act, and the concept will reveal itself to you:
- If you have an idea you want to implement, buy a domain and build the simplest website you can.
- Start with something. You can build on it.
Find a way to act and materialize whatever it is your’e doing:
- If you’re selling a book, write a sample chapter and make it available as a free download.
- If you’re painting something, put a print of it online.
Be inspired but don’t copy:
- A formula is designed to create the same thing over and over again. But when you try to do that with your art, it’s not art anymore.
- There’s more to bringing your own flavor than just a name and website.
- You don’t always have to follow best practices.
JOIN SRINI AND OTHER UNMISTAKABLE CREATIVES AT UPCOMING EVENTS
The Unmistakable Salon – Los Angeles with Justine Musk: Details and ticket info here
The Instigator Experience 2015 – Get notified when enrollment opens
CONNECT WITH SRINI:
Srini Rao’s web site and podcast can be found at UnmistakableCreative.com
Photo credit: Matthew G. Monroe