Today I chat with Julie Sheranosher who joins me from Lake Galilee, Israel. In Julie’s previous life she served as an Israeli army captain working 18 hour days before literally breaking her back twice at 25, forcing her to reduce her workload to 4 hours a day. Before Julie finished her contract with the army, she was promoted to commander and won many accolades including best leader and best officer in her department after becoming an authority in time hacking. In this episode, we talk about different time hacking strategies entrepreneurs can use to work more optimally using methods that fit their style.
Watch the show (uncensored & unedited)
SHARE SOME SHUT UP LOVE:
You don’t need to change to fit a time management method, the method needs to fit you. @ImJulieTweets #shutupshow (click to tweet)
JULIE ON TIME HACKING:
Stop saying the word busy. When you say a word out of habit, you end up making it true. Instead say positive words like fulfilled, satisfied, or accomplished. Think positive. If it’s there [in your schedule], you chose it to be there. Example: My schedule is packed with things that help my company grow.
Stop seeing time as sand through the hourglass. It makes me feel like if I try to grasp time, it will run through my fingers. Time is like packing a suit case:
- Every single day is a suitcase. In the suitcase, pack all the things you need for your trip. Spend a tiny amount of time to plan what you’re going to pack: 10 minutes once a day.
- Around the suitcase, lay all the things you need to pack and separate them into categories: meetings, eating, sleeping, getting ready, walking dog, finishing a project. When you know how much time you have left in the suitcase, then you can add the rest if there’s room.
- You can pack some things in someone else’s suitcase (aka delegating).
- You can pack socks in your shoes, it doesn’t take more space (aka taking care of little sock tasks while doing shoe tasks is like listening to a podcast while walking the dog).
- Find the time to pack it and do it.
A great app to use for creating lists: Clear app
Get an accountability partner because you need someone detached from your project to help you realize how simple it really is to get done what you need to get done.
JULIE SHERANOSHER QUOTABLES:
I accepted myself the way I am and doing what works for me. – @ImJulieTweets
Time management is for everyone but you need to do it in a way that works for you. – @ImJulieTweets
Breaking my back twice was a sign for me to see how much I didn’t accept myself. – @ImJulieTweets
If you feel you’re hitting a breaking point, just stop and ask for help. – @ImJulieTweets
Actual magic exists and it’s up to us to make it happen in our lives. – @ImJulieTweets
If I keep on keeping on, it’s my way of moving through the fear. – @ImJulieTweets
If you freak out, it’s fine. But schedule time in the plan for freaking out after the project is done. – @ImJulieTweets
CONNECT WITH JULIE:
Check out Time Hacker’s podcast every Monday and Thursday at imjulie.com/episodes
Want to gain control over your time? Download your blueprint for free at imjulie.com/gaincontrol
[call_to_action link=”http://bravebearmedia.com” button_label=”GET MORE INFO” rounded=”false” btnsize=”large” color=””]Ready to speak up, stand out and change your world?[/call_to_action]